Wednesday 6 July 2011

Canada Day 10K - 2011

         &  

CANADA DAY 10K - 2011

This event will for always hold a special place in my cherished memories as the first event that I got to ride solo with.
I was contacted by a representative from the BC Cancer Foundation; whom I've worked with before, to fill in for her at this event as she was not able to make it and they needed someone there to represent the BC Cancer Foundation. Of course I jumped at the chance to help out.
I set up the table, donation box, sign and settled in to my role as a representative, I was answering questions, taking donations, selling BC Cancer Foundation bracelets and lip balms.
The moment of elation came when Ron, the coordinator from the Running Room informed me that I would be needing to say something on behalf of the BC Cancer Foundation.
I didn't falter in my responsibilities of a representative, I brushed up on my knowledge about the foundation quickly, wrapped my head around it, and once that microphone was placed in my hand I was gracious, confident, and on a natural high. This is what I'm meant to do.
The race was a great success in raising funds for the Foundation and getting people out and enjoying the beautiful day we were gifted with this Canada Day.
The winner of the race was named Scotty, who ran the 10k loop around Elk and Beaver lake in 37 mins, he was also the race winner from last year; so, getting practicing now if you want to beat him next year.
What a great way to spend Canada Day!!


    2 comments:

    1. 37 mins for 10K is fast... commendable event!

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is so what you are meant to be doing, great job!

      ReplyDelete